This crockpot green bean casserole is the best vegetable side dish EVER because it’s cozy, creamy, and full of flavor. It’s the best green bean casserole recipe for every occasion! Thanksgiving or a simple gathering – you name it – this casserole dish is always on my menu.
I first tried this easy crockpot green bean casserole at a friend’s house, and it dawned on me then and there that I had to learn how to make this dish from scratch. For my version, I used frozen-cut green beans. Of course, I made sure to thaw them first under running water. You can also make this green bean casserole with fresh green beans or regular canned ones, though.
Instead of using mushroom soup that a traditional green bean casserole calls for, I made my version with cream of chicken soup, parmesan cheese, and milk – and it turned out glorious! It’s just as rich even without mushroom soup. You can also try making this crockpot green bean casserole with cheddar cheese or blue cheese. For the topping, I went for fried onions. But I think sour cream and bacon are good options as well.
Now that the ingredients are ready, how do you make this dish? As with other casseroles, baking works great! But trust me, cooking green bean casserole in the crockpot is the easiest answer because it requires little to no effort. All you have to do is toss the ingredients in the crockpot. Make some tasty sides while you’re at it!
I don’t know about you, but a slow cooker green bean casserole with mashed sweet potatoes and roast turkey sounds really good right now. Make it in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat the casserole for about 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the fried onions, and enjoy!
How To Make Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
Try this crockpot green bean casserole for a simple and flavorful side. It\’s made with cream of chicken soup, milk, and cheese for a creamy bite.
- 16 oz green beans, (2 packages) frozen cut
- 10¾ oz cream of chicken soup, (2 cans)
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 6 oz onions, (1 can) French-fried, divided
- Combine green beans, cream of chicken soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and ½ the can of French-fried onions in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Top the casserole with the remaining French-fried onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use any cream-based soup for this crockpot green bean casserole recipe, such as cream of broccoli or cream of asparagus.
- Incorporate Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce into this dish for added flavors.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 131mg
- Calories: 97kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 206mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 452mg
- Vitamin A: 543IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!