This is a fantastic twist on just your plain old salsa.
How To Make Toasted Jalapeno Tomatillo and Watermelon Salsa
A delectable twist between spicy and refreshing! Have a go at this simple recipe for delicious jalapeno salsa to get your tastebuds going, but it'll be the refreshing taste of the watermelon salsa that would keep you coming for more.
- Cut the tomatillos into quarters.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sauté pan over medium high heat and in it sauté the onions for a few minutes and then add the tomatillos, garlic, and jalapenos.
- Sauté until the onions and garlic begin to brown.
- Reduce heat to low and sprinkle the cumin and chili powder over the pan.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Cool.
- Place in a blender or food processor with the watermelon and puree.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 34mg
- Calories: 77kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 327mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 185mg
- Vitamin A: 735IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!