How To Make Queso Blanco Dip
Pair tortillas and chips with this rich and creamy queso blanco dip made with tasteful Monterey Jack. Whip this up in just 15 minutes!
- ¼cuponion,finely chopped
- 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 1¼cupswhole milk
- 8ozMonterey Jack cheese,finely shredded
For Optional Toppings:
- 1Roma tomato,seeds removed then diced
- 2tbspgreen chilis,canned, diced
- 1tbspfresh cilantro,chopped
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, then sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until soft; adding garlic during the last 30 seconds of sautéing.
Whisk in the flour, then cook stirring constantly for about 30 seconds.
Slowly pour the milk into the mixture while whisking vigorously.
Bring the mixture just to a gentle bubble stirring constantly.
Remove from heat, let cool just briefly.
Stir in the finely shredded Monterrey Jack cheese.
Return the saucepan to the warm heat to melt as needed.
Stir in the tomato, chilis, and cilantro.
Serve warm with tortilla chips or tacos, and enjoy!
- Note that the dip will thicken as it rests so reheat to thin if desired.
- For a smooth cheese sauce without the chunky ingredients, omit the chopped onion and crushed garlic. Replace it with ½ teaspoon onion powder and a generous pinch of garlic powder. Simply melt the butter then add the flour, garlic powder, and onion powder. Continue as directed and omit the optional ingredients.
- Calories: 166.05kcal
- Fat: 12.75g
- Saturated Fat: 7.95g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.54g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.46g
- Carbohydrates: 4.54g
- Fiber: 0.27g
- Sugar: 2.61g
- Protein: 8.55g
- Cholesterol: 36.68mg
- Sodium: 187.74mg
- Calcium: 258.30mg
- Potassium: 110.87mg
- Iron: 0.37mg
- Vitamin A: 103.01µg
- Vitamin C: 7.18mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!