This appetizer is perfect for an elegant New Year’s Eve party! (Don’t worry, there’s no real caviar in this recipe!)
How To Make Mind-Blowing Eggplant Caviar
A simple and easy recipe for inexpensive "caviar" by making use of scrumptious eggplant! This seemingly complex dish doesn't require a lot of effort as you'll soon realize. But it's packed full of flavor that you'd be reaching for more.
Cook whole eggplant in an oven at 425 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Turn once or twice until soft and skin is charred and blistered.
- Cook onion in 4 tablespoons olive oil until tender and translucent, not brown.
- Add green pepper and garlic.
- Cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove skin from eggplant.
- Mash until almost a puree.
Add eggplant, tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper to vegetables in skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Simmer about 30 minutes until liquid is reduced.
- Add lemon juice.
- Chill before serving with crackers.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 9mg
- Calories: 84kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 170mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 390mg
- Vitamin A: 203IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!