How To Make Eggplant and Tomato Sauce
This eggplant and tomato sauce can be a stand-alone side dish or a pasta dressing. It’s made with diced eggplant, and stewed in tomatoes and garlic.
- 1medium eggplant,cut in ½-inch cubes
- 4garlic cloves,smashed, chopped
- 2tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 28ozplum tomatoes,including the juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- basil,or parsley, chopped, for garnish
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large deep skillet.
When hot, sauté the garlic in olive oil.
Add the eggplant, then cook for about 3 minutes until it begins to soften.
Coarsely chop the tomatoes, then add them to the skillet along with the juices.
Season with salt and pepper, then simmer uncovered for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the basil for garnish, serve over pasta, and enjoy!
- Calories: 136.71kcal
- Fat: 7.44g
- Saturated Fat: 1.05g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.02g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.00g
- Carbohydrates: 17.43g
- Fiber: 6.82g
- Sugar: 10.09g
- Protein: 3.39g
- Sodium: 805.16mg
- Calcium: 42.75mg
- Potassium: 810.07mg
- Iron: 1.05mg
- Vitamin A: 85.00µg
- Vitamin C: 31.14mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!