How To Make Easy Turkey Gravy
This turkey gravy recipe is easy and fail-proof. Have everyone asking for more with this savory and rich turkey gravy that takes only 20 minutes to make!
For Gravy Base:
- 4cupsturkey broth,or stock mixed with drippings
- 3tbspherbs,such as fresh parsley, thyme, and sage
- ⅔cupcold water,or cold broth
Create a slurry by combining ⅔ cup of flour with ⅔ cup of cold water in a jar. Shake until smooth. Note that you will need ⅓ cup of flour for every 2 cups of broth.
Bring the broth, or stock, combined with drippings to a boil. While whisking, add the slurry a little bit at a time until the gravy reaches the desired consistency.
Stir in fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Alternative Method of Preparing the Gravy Using Cornstarch:
- Create a slurry by combining cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Bring the broth and drippings to a boil over medium-high heat. You may opt to cook the gravy in the turkey roasting pan on your stovetop.
- Create a cornstarch slurry using ⅓ cup of cornstarch and ⅓ cup of cold water or cold broth. While whisking the drippings, slowly pour the cornstarch slurry into the boiling gravy a little bit at a time. Continue adding until gravy reaches the desired consistency.
- Stir in fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Calories: 33.56kcal
- Fat: 0.65g
- Saturated Fat: 0.17g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.28g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.12g
- Carbohydrates: 5.13g
- Fiber: 0.26g
- Sugar: 0.78g
- Protein: 1.68g
- Cholesterol: 1.44mg
- Sodium: 69.26mg
- Calcium: 9.96mg
- Potassium: 58.16mg
- Iron: 0.65mg
- Vitamin A: 1.25µg
- Vitamin C: 0.30mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!