How To Make Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
Whip up this creamy French classic, hollandaise sauce, made with eggs, lemon, and a hint of cayenne, for a zesty and flavorful sauce with a kick!
- 10tbspunsalted butter
- 3egg yolks
- 1tbsplemon juice
- ⅛tspcayenne pepper,optional
Melt the butter slowly in a small pot.
Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenneinto the blender.
Blend the egg yolk mixture at a medium to medium-high speed for about 20 to 30 seconds until it lightens in color.
Once the yolks have lightened in color, turn the blender down to its lowest setting, and drizzle in the hot melted butter slowly, while the blender is going.
Continue to blend for another couple of seconds after the butter is all incorporated.
Turn off the blender and taste the sauce. Add a little lemon juice or salt, to taste, as needed.
Pour over eggs benedict, and enjoy!
- Store until needed in a warm spot, e.g. next to the stovetop.
- If using salted butter, skip the added salt.
- The friction generated by the blender blades will heat the yolks a bit. The blending action will also introduce a little air into them, making the hollandaise a bit lighter.
- For a thinner consistency, add a little warm water. Pulse briefly to incorporate the ingredients one more time.
- Calories: 288.07kcal
- Fat: 31.49g
- Saturated Fat: 19.20g
- Trans Fat: 1.16g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8.65g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.51g
- Carbohydrates: 0.68g
- Fiber: 0.03g
- Sugar: 0.18g
- Protein: 1.92g
- Cholesterol: 185.91mg
- Sodium: 115.04mg
- Calcium: 21.93mg
- Potassium: 24.61mg
- Iron: 0.29mg
- Vitamin A: 282.47µg
- Vitamin C: 1.52mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!