Whether you’re having a game day watch party or just looking for a fun appetizer to serve your friends, this chili cheese dip recipe is a delicious and quick dip to throw together that everyone will love. Filled with beans, salsa, chili, and cheese, this dip is nothing short of delicious. It’s also a great way to use up leftover homemade chili! Top them with green onions and red bell pepper for added freshness. Serve this dip with corn tortilla chips, zucchini chips, or your favorite chips alongside this coffee soda recipe and you’re good to go.
Tips on Making Chili Cheese Dip
There are three basic components needed to make chili queso dip: cheese, salsa, and chili. But for this chili cream cheese dip, we’re sprucing it up with the use of beans and three kinds of cheese. Here are helpful tips for making this dip to make sure that you perfect them every time:
- Use homemade or canned chili, and also homemade or canned kidney beans or black beans. You can also make this recipe without the beans if you prefer.
- Use your preferred kinds of cheese like pepper jack cheese, American cheese, mozzarella, and even Velveeta. We do not suggest using pre-shredded cheddar cheese or any other shredded cheese as these have a starch coating that makes them curdled when melted. Shredding them yourself will guarantee better consistency.
- Make the chili dip recipe spicy by adding hot sauce, green chilies, or a dash of chili powder.
- Make it more flavorful by adding beer. The slightly bitter notes of beer complement the creamy and salty taste of cheese. The result is an umami-rich concoction that’s simply irresistible. Make it creamier by mixing in some sour cream.
- Place the chili dip in an oven-safe baking dish, top it with more cheese, and bake it till it’s bubbly. That makes an easy yummy grilled cheese dip!
- Cook this chili cheese dip in a medium saucepan or crock pot. For slow cooker, coat it with a non-stick cooking spray and set it on Low for 4 to 6 hours or on High for 2 to 4 hours giving it a mix every hour. If it gets too thick, simply add chicken broth or milk to thin it out.
How To Make Chili and Cheese Dip
Chili, beans, salsa, Monterey Jack, sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and salsa make up this creamy and delicious chili cheese dip. Easy-to-make and ready in under an hour!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cream cheese and refried beans together and spread into a 9x13-inch lightly sprayed baking dish.
- Spread the chili over the bean mixture evenly.
- Pour the salsa evenly over the chili.
- Sprinkle the green onions and chilies over and top with the cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 331mg
- Calories: 279kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 243mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 669mg
- Vitamin A: 1200IU
- Vitamin C: 73mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my cheese dip gritty?
Cheese tends to split when it is heated too much. Always keep the heat low. Don’t let the cheese dip boil. To fix it, take it off the heat and let it cool. Then, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and whisk it until it’s smooth again.
How do I fix my lumpy cheese sauce?
To fix a lumpy cheese sauce, simply add some liquid like chicken broth or milk to thin it out. Mix it until it is smooth.
ConclusionLevel up from your usual cheese dips with this loaded chili cheese dip recipe! It’s a medley of flavors resulting in an amazingly delicious appetizer dip. Your friends and family will surely enjoy it!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!