A very good soup for those cold, rainy/snow days.
How To Make Wonton Soup
An incredible tasty dish for any occasion! A bowl of this delicious dumpling soup is an instant pick-me-up for anyone to enjoy. Tender vegetables with a light broth seasoned just right, and delectable dumplings soaking away in the tasty soup is just superb.
- In a medium bowl, mix filling ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover wonton wrappers with a damp cloth.
- Laying a couple of wrappers out at a time, moisten each with water.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each wrapper.
- Fold over at center.
- Wet with water along edges and press together.
Fold in ⅓ lengthwise at the open side.
- Fold the two upper ends to the back and over each other, pressing together with a little water.
- In a medium saucepan, bring two quarts of water to a boil.
- Add wontons, stirring constantly.
- Cover and return to boil.
- Add 1 cup cold water, cover and return to boil.
- When wontons are cooked, they will float.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- Add in soy sauce and cooked wontons and return to a boil.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
- Calcium: 35mg
- Calories: 220kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 319mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1311mg
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 83IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!