How To Make Japanese Clear Soup
Japanese clear soup is a Hibachi restaurant classic. With this recipe, you can now make this light and earthy dish at home.
- 2 tsp sesame oil, (or peanut oil)
- 8 cup chicken broth
- 4 cup beef broth
- 4 cup water
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 fresh ginger, inch piece, sliced
- 4 whole scallions, chopped
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced thin
- Place a large 8-quart stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil and place the onion, garlic, carrots, and ginger in the pot. Sear the veggies on all sides to caramelize, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth, beef broth, and water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a low boil and simmer for at least one hour.
- Use a skimmer to remove the vegetables from the broth. Taste, then salt as needed.
- To serve: ladle hot broth into bowls and sprinkle chopped scallion and sliced mushrooms over the top.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 34mg
- Calories: 42kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 347mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1061mg
- Vitamin A: 2090IU
- Vitamin C: 17mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!