For an unexpected, earthy treat, try squash, bean, or cucumber blossoms with this soup. It’s a vegetable soup that’s comforting and delicious. You may serve this over dinner or during potlucks.
How To Make Vegetable Blossom Soup
This hearty vegetable soup combines squash, sweet onions and chicken stock all simmered into a delicious meal.
- Remove any stamens from the blossoms.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the salt, pepper and squash blossoms and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Add the stock, increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot, garnished with herbs.
- Sugar: 18g
- Calcium: 256mg
- Calories: 387kcal
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 2148mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 1151mg
- Vitamin A: 52862IU
- Vitamin C: 106mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!