This Tuscan bean soup recipe is everything but ordinary. A heartening vegetarian soup filled with an abundance of vegetables, you get to warm up with a strong boost of nutrients. The infusion of basil adds a wonderful fragrance and flavor that makes this soup so much more than a simple vegetable soup.
In this recipe, we are going to show you how to make the perfect Tuscan bean soup. We guarantee that this is going to be easy and won’t take too much of your time. It’s up to you if you want to have your onions finely chopped or you prefer to have chunks.
We recommend serving this Tuscan bean soup with garlic bread or sourdough. The starch will complement the flavors of the soup and it will definitely be more filling.
Now if you’d rather have some meat in your soup, get ready to be inspired by another bean soup recipe of ours — bean and barley soup with ham!
How To Make Tuscan Bean Soup
The perfect soup for the rainy days is here. Grab some veggies, some basil, some chicken broth, and have a deliciously filling soup!
- 5½ oz yellow onion, large, chopped
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , chopped
- 2½ oz carrots, chopped
- 2½ oz celery , chopped
- salt and ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth , or water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup kale, or collards, chopped
- 15 oz white cannellini beans, (2 cans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp Tuscan seasoning
- ½ cup heavy cream, warmed
- 3 croutons, per serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot then add the onion. Saute the onion and cook until it caramelizes.
- Add the garlic, carrot, and celery. Saute briefly.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce briefly.
- Add both broths and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add in the beans, Tuscan seasoning, kale, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes. Afterward, stir in the warmed cream.
- Once you're done cooking, serve your Tuscan bean soup with the croutons as garnish.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 99mg
- Calories: 180kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 498mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 547mg
- Vitamin A: 3100IU
- Vitamin C: 19mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Is white bean good for the body?
Yes! White beans are packed with fiber and protein. You can also get magnesium, folate, and other micronutrients if you include these beans in your diet.
What goes in Tuscan bean soup?
Tuscan bean soup is traditionally made with white beans (or cannellini beans), carrots, tomatoes, onions, and kale. But you can add any leafy greens you like, such as spinach or even savoy cabbage. You can also be like us and get more creative with your vegetables by adding potatoes or even zucchini into the mix!
ConclusionWith all these ingredients mixed in together, you'd assume that Tuscan bean soup will have its flavor all over the place. However, the results are fantastic and refreshing.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!