How To Make Turkey Chili Taco Soup
This taco soup is made heartier by the turkey, but it also has loads of beans, corn, & tomatoes. It’s perfectly spiced & can be served with sour cream.
- Cooking spray
- 1⅓lbsturkey,(99% lean), ground
- 1bell pepper,chopped
- 10ozrotel tomatoes with green chilies,(1 can)
- 15ozcanned corn,or fren corn, drained
- 15ozno salt added kidney beans,drained
- 8oztomato sauce
- 16ozfat free refried beans
- 1packetlow-sodium taco seasoning,or homemade taco seasoning
- 2½cupsless-sodium chicken broth
Spray a large pot with cooking spray then brown the turkey over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
When cooked through, add the onions and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, re-fried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve with your favorite toppings such as low fat sour cream, jalapeños, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions, onions, or chopped fresh cilantro. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.
- Calories: 418.86kcal
- Fat: 9.95g
- Saturated Fat: 1.66g
- Trans Fat: 0.04g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.24g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.86g
- Carbohydrates: 52.31g
- Fiber: 16.61g
- Sugar: 7.19g
- Protein: 32.41g
- Cholesterol: 50.38mg
- Sodium: 615.80mg
- Calcium: 113.32mg
- Potassium: 1356.34mg
- Iron: 6.42mg
- Vitamin A: 58.57µg
- Vitamin C: 99.70mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!