This a favorite of my family. Add croutons or toasted squash seeds for added texture. It has the taste and smell of Fall. Add grilled cheese sandwiches or serve as a meal on it’s own.
How To Make Thick and Hearty Butternut Squash Soup
An incredible recipe for delicious butternut squash recipe. A well-rounded soup with its thick and creamy consistency and a blend of spices that it'll be hard to put that soup spoon down!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat the squash halves with 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil.
- Season the inside with salt and pepper and place cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until very tender, about 45 minutes.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and reserve.
- Discard the peel.
- While the squash is cooking begin to cook the sausage.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the remaining vegetable oil.
- When the vegetable oil is hot, add the sausage.
- Cook until golden brown (about 4 minutes).
- Add the onions and cook, stirring, until the onions are wilted and starting to caramelize (about 6 minutes).
- Add the garlic, sage and marjoram, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked squash and chicken stock and stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to Low, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor or blender, puree the soup.
- Add the cream and adjust seasoning to taste.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!