How To Make The Best Lasagna Soup
A lasagna in soup? Yes, you read that right! This lasagna soup gives creaminess in a bowl with rich marinara and ground beef leaving your palate thrilled!
- 2tbspolive oil,divided
- 1lblean ground beef
- 1¾cupslarge yellow onion,diced
- 5garlic cloves,to taste, minced
- 4½cupslow-sodium chicken broth,then more to thin as desired
- 14½oztomatoes,petite diced
- 2½tbsptomato paste
- ½tsprosemary,dried, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 8lasagna noodles,broken into bite size pieces, or campanelle pasta or bowtie pasta
- 1¼cupsmozzarella cheese,shredded
- ½cupparmesan cheese,finely shredded
- 8ozricotta cheese
- 2tbspfresh parsley,chopped, plus more for garnish
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, crumble beef into pot, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Drain fat from beef and set beef aside.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pot. Add chopped yellow onion and sauté for about 3 minutes until it begins to soften. Add in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds longer.
Add in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and browned ground beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare lasagna noodles according to the directions listed on the package.
In a mixing bowl, using a fork, stir together mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta.
Stir cooked pasta into the soup along with parsley, then thin soup with a little more broth if desired.
Ladle soup into bowls, dollop with a large scoop of the cheese mixture and sprinkle with chopped parsley (cheese will melt well once stirred into soup).
If you don’t have all the dried herbs listed, then 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning can be use instead.
- Calories: 692.84kcal
- Fat: 42.94g
- Saturated Fat: 20.43g
- Trans Fat: 0.89g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 16.68g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.02g
- Carbohydrates: 35.97g
- Fiber: 4.24g
- Sugar: 8.52g
- Protein: 42.42g
- Cholesterol: 129.56mg
- Sodium: 1383.18mg
- Calcium: 608.60mg
- Potassium: 1021.74mg
- Iron: 3.57mg
- Vitamin A: 249.86µg
- Vitamin C: 27.16mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!