An interesting combination to surprise your taste buds.
How To Make Squash Pear Soup
- 3 lbs squash (e.g. hubbard, turban or butternut) halved and seeded
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 ripe pears peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 10 tsp low fat sour cream
- chopped parsley optional
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Then place the squash in the microwave for 5-8 minutes or until it becomes tender.
- Remove the squash and place the sweet potato in the microwave, making sure it has been pierced. Cook for 5 - 8 minutes until it turns soft.
- Scoop out the squash flesh, discard the skin, and then peel and thickly slice the sweet potato.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Then add the onion and cook, making sure to stir until the onion becomes tender. Afterward, add the pears, ginger, Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend, chicken stock, and water.
- Cover and simmer the saucepan for 30 minutes. Once you're done, remove it from heat and let it cool.
- Puree the soup in a blender. After doing so, top it with low-fat sour cream and chopped parsley and then serve. Bon apetit!
Calories: 28kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 69mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg