If done right, soups can be a delightful and versatile one pot meal. This recipe is no exception with the heartiness of the sausage and the comfort of the white beans. The chicken stock and vegetables add a great balance of flavor to every bite.
How To Make Smoked Kielbasa and White Bean Soup
Delightful and wholesome soup made of kielbasa sausages and white beans
- In a heavy duty pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and butter until the butter is melted.
- Next, add onion, carrot, and celery.
- Cook the vegetables in the oil for 3-5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Then add the jalapeño, corn meal and garlic.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, add the chicken stock, white beans and sausage.
- Simmer on medium low heat for 30-35 minutes until the beans are tender and the sausage is heated through
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 140mg
- Calories: 495kcal
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Fat: 27g
- Fiber: 9g
- Iron: 6mg
- Potassium: 1052mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 669mg
- Vitamin A: 1739IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!