Whenever there is a party and a spiral ham is served my family demands I make this split pea soup. I freeze individual portions with leftovers so that anyone can have some any time they like. Do not add pasta to portions you are going to freeze.
How To Make Side Splitting Split Pea Soup
Go vegan with this split pea soup recipe made flavorful with vegetable broth and spices.
- Rinse and soak dry peas in hot water for about 20 minutes.
- Look for any rocks or dirt.
- Combine all ingredients - except rice or pasta - in large pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- If using real potato, add now, otherwise wait for the last 5 minutes.
- Simmer and cook for about 35-40 minutes half covered, stirring every 15 minutes.
Use a blender or an immersion blender to combine all ingredients.
- Add cooked rice or pasta and sprinkle with grated cheese to taste.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 15mg
- Calories: 60kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 124mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 207mg
- Vitamin A: 1391IU
- Vitamin C: 14mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!