How To Make Quick and Easy Egg Roll Soup
A delicately hearty dish with a balance of contrasting textures and packed full of flavors! This egg roll soup is the perfect dish at any time of the day.
- 1lbground porkor see other alternatives below!
- 2tbspolive oil
- 1white onionmedium, peeled and diced
- 2carrotsmedium, peeled and diced
- 1green cabbagesmall, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8cupschickenor vegetable stock
- 2tspground ginger
- 1tspsesame oil
- toasted sesame seedsoptional toppings
- thinly-sliced green onionsoptional toppings
- homemade fried egg roll wrappersor store-bought wonton strips, optional toppings
Add ground pork to a large stockpot and cook over medium-heat for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring and flipping occasionally, until the pork is lightly browned.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pork to a separate plate, and set aside.
Add the olive oil and onion, and stir to combine. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the carrots and garlic, and sauté for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cabbage, stock, ginger, and cooked pork, and stir to combine.
Continue cooking until the soup reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the carrots and cabbage are nice and tender.
Stir in the sesame oil until combined. Then taste and season the soup with a few generous pinches of salt and black pepper as needed.
Serve warm, garnished with your desired toppings.
Storage: Refrigerate in sealed containers for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Calories: 501.08kcal
- Fat: 37.11g
- Saturated Fat: 11.07g
- Trans Fat: 0.14g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 16.78g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6.22g
- Carbohydrates: 3.72g
- Fiber: 0.83g
- Sugar: 1.47g
- Protein: 36.06g
- Cholesterol: 145.82mg
- Sodium: 141.62mg
- Calcium: 35.30mg
- Potassium: 512.61mg
- Iron: 1.97mg
- Vitamin A: 185.97µg
- Vitamin C: 5.73mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!