This matzo ball soup recipe is one of the best comfort foods and Jewish recipes out there. Our version uses premade mixes for the soup and matzo balls but if you can make them from scratch, that will taste even better.
How To Make Matzo Ball Chicken Noodle Soup
Making the soup
Fill a large soup pot with water and add sliced carrots, celery and soup mix packet.
- Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until carrots and celery are just tender.
Add chicken and continue to simmer. Set aside.
Making the matzo balls
In a medium-sized bowl, add eggs and olive oil. Whisk together.
Add the matzo ball mix to the bowl.
Stir with a fork until just evenly mixed. Do not over mix.
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. You want this mixture to be firm when you begin to form your matzo balls.
Wet your hands and loosely roll chilled matzo mixture into 1” balls. Make sure not to form balls too compactly or they will be tough.
Putting everything together
Bring soup to a boil again and drop matzo balls into the boiling soup.
- Cover tightly, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When matzo balls are done, move them gently with a spoon and add noodles to the simmering pot.
- Gently stir occasionally and continue to cook until noodles are done.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 26mg
- Calories: 174kcal
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 242mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 77mg
- Vitamin A: 2660IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!