Lainy’s Hearty Baked Potato Soup Recipe
A hearty, filling, creamy soup with a flavor and texture that will leave you satisfied. Easily make baked potato soup with our simple recipe.
How To Make Lainy's Hearty Baked Potato Soup
A hearty potato soup recipe that uses baked potatoes and mixes it in this filling and textured dish.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, white onion and the green onion or scallions; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook for several minutes.
- Gradually stir in broth and half and half.
- Scoop potato pulp from 2 of the potatoes and mash.
Add pulp to broth mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes just to a boil.
- Dice remaining potatoes and add to soup. Heat through.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Top each serving with bacon, cheese and snipped chives, if desired.
- Calcium: 126mg
- Calories: 365kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 619mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 387mg
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A: 995IU
- Vitamin C: 23mg