This hearty chicken soup recipe is just what the doctor ordered! This simple soup doesn’t take too long to cook so you can prepare it quickly and easily.
How To Make Healthy and Hearty Chicken Soup
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 3/4 cup rice uncooked
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper cracked
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups chicken leftover, diced
- Combine onion and celery in a Dutch oven with the oil. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, stirring once or twice. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 1106mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2902IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg