Vanilla yogurt enhances the carrots’ sweetness. Serve it hot or cold.
How To Make Ginger Carrot Soup
A delicious soup recipe that brings together the subtle sweetness of carrots with the slight kick and depth of flavor from grated ginger! A blend of aromatics and spices makes this a complex meal, and with the option to have it either hot or cold, it'll be a no-brainer to try both!
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, and saffron and stir until very fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the carrots and squash and cover.
- Cook, stirring often, until the carrots begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and cider and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes. In batches, purée the soup with the yogurt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- If serving hot, return to the pot, season with the salt and pepper, and gently reheat, being sure not to boil the soup or the yogurt will curdle.
- If serving cold, transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Season with the salt and pepper shortly before serving.
- Sugar: 22g
- Calcium: 189mg
- Calories: 293kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 813mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 1307mg
- Vitamin A: 28659IU
- Vitamin C: 24mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!