Egg Drop Soup Recipe
With a chicken stock broth, egg drop soup is surprisingly easy to prepare. Get your apron ready and start making this savory and rich Chinese egg drop soup recipe.
How To Make Egg Drop Soup
Wispy beaten eggs are boiled in flavorful chicken broth in this simple Chinese soup.
- Combine stock, ginger, and garlic in pot and simmer partially covered for 15 minutes.
- Discard ginger and garlic.
- Stir cornstarch and water together in a small bowl.
- Bring soup to a low simmer and add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir until soup is slightly thickened.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Whisk together egg and oil thoroughly in small bowl.
- Bring soup to a very low simmer and pour egg mixture in large circle on surface of soup.
- Once egg is set, gently stir.
- Stir in scallions and cilantro. Serve.
- Calcium: 21mg
- Calories: 128kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 300mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 945mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 141IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg