How To Make Easy Butternut Squash Soup
Creamy, smooth, and silky, this easy recipe serves delicious butternut squash soup with yellow onion, red bell peppers, and heavy cream.
- 20ozpre-cut butternut squash,(2 packages)
- 1red bell pepper,roughly chopped
- 1medium yellow onion,roughly chopped
- 3clovesgarlic,smashed and peeled
- 2tbspsugar,plus more if necessary
- ½cupheavy cream
- croutons,for garnish, optional
- fresh thyme,chopped, for garnish, optional
Combine all of the ingredients except for the heavy cream in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
Using a hand-held immersion blender, purée the soup until silky smooth. Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with croutons and thyme, if desired.
Serve and enjoy.
- Calories: 110.41kcal
- Fat: 5.69g
- Saturated Fat: 3.47g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.60g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.27g
- Carbohydrates: 15.18g
- Fiber: 2.45g
- Sugar: 6.31g
- Protein: 1.57g
- Cholesterol: 20.38mg
- Sodium: 765.74mg
- Calcium: 69.94mg
- Potassium: 336.81mg
- Iron: 1.19mg
- Vitamin A: 469.35µg
- Vitamin C: 40.59mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!