Let your slow cooker warm up light and fluffy pieces of quinoa swimming in vegetable broth. Cook it with chunks of chopped-up cabbage and kale in this hearty veggie soup. A few select herbs and spices bring out the flavors of this delicious meatless dish.
How To Make Crockpot Quinoa, Kale, and Cabbage Soup
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 stalks Celery , chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Dry Quinoa
- ½ Cabbage Head, chopped
- ½ tsp Dried Basil Leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp Dried Rosemary, crushed
- 7 cups Vegetable Broth
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 4 cups Kale, stemmed and roughly chopped, packed
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Place the garlic, celery, and onions on the bottom of a large slow cooker, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add quinoa, cabbage, basil, and rosemary.
- Pour in vegetable broth.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in kale and lemon juice, then re-cover and continue cooking on high for 10-20 minutes or until kale leaves have wilted.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 92mg
- Calories: 142kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 416mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 859mg
- Vitamin A: 3908IU
- Vitamin C: 64mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!