A hot, creamy soup with the sweetness of parsnips and leeks, the tang of buttermilk, and the savory taste of dill and nutmeg.
How To Make Creamy Dilled Parsnip and Leek Soup
Fill your bowls with this creamy dilled parsnip and leek soup recipe. A creamy soup made with sweet parsnips and tangy buttermilk. Perfect for a cold day.
- Get a pot and melt butter over low heat.
- Add parsnips and leeks, and sauté for 4 minutes, or until vegetables soften slightly.
- Add chicken stock, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and simmer for 45 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add buttermilk and dill, and simmer for 15 minutes longer.
- Spoon into serving bowls.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of dill to each bowl. Serve while hot.
- Sugar: 20g
- Calcium: 252mg
- Calories: 436kcal
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 1270mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 1404mg
- Vitamin A: 1897IU
- Vitamin C: 43mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!