A good quality curry powder adds a little kick to this soup.
How To Make Creamy Cauliflower Chowder with Swiss Cheese
This creamy cauliflower chowder with its inclusion of Swiss cheese and the slight kick from the curry powder brings you a rich savory dish that's enough to satisfy anyone's tastebuds.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Total: 55 mins
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets
- 10 oz. Swiss cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 large carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 3/4 cup water, plus
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cup light cream, or half-and-half
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 3/4 cup cornstarch, or 4 oz.
- Melt the butter over a medium-high flame in a large stockpot.
- Add the onion, celery and carrots and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add 2 3/4 cup water, vegetable broth and cream.
- Heat to a simmer, but do not boil.
- Add the pepper, curry powder and cheese and heat, stirring frequently, until the cheese melts.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining water.
- Add to the soup and increase heat to medium.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the cauliflower and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 429mg
- Calories: 417kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Fat: 29g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 406mg
- Protein: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 275mg
- Vitamin A: 4026IU
- Vitamin C: 39mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!