How To Make Cream of Asparagus Leek Soup
Perfect for spring nights, our cream of asparagus leek soup with a hint of crème fraîche is undeniably deliciously creamy and fit for vegetarians, too!
- 2lbsasparagus,(2 bunches) tough ends snapped off
- 4leeks,white and pale green only, halved lengthwise, sliced thin
- 32ozSwanson reduced-sodium chicken broth,(1 container) plus an additional 1 cup
- 2tbspCrème Fraîche
- kosher salt and fresh pepper,to taste
- chives,optional, for garnish
In a large heavy pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
Add leeks and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are soft.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
Chop the asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
Add to the pot with the leeks.
Add the broth and bring to a boil.
Cover and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or until asparagus is very tender.
Remove from the heat and puree until smooth with a blender.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, divide into 5 bowls and spoon in 1 teaspoon of Crème Fraîche. Add chives for garnish.
- Calories: 128.72kcal
- Fat: 3.89g
- Saturated Fat: 2.22g
- Trans Fat: 0.09g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.89g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.36g
- Carbohydrates: 19.21g
- Fiber: 5.45g
- Sugar: 6.77g
- Protein: 7.88g
- Cholesterol: 9.02mg
- Sodium: 1034.94mg
- Calcium: 115.35mg
- Potassium: 680.09mg
- Iron: 6.01mg
- Vitamin A: 157.68µg
- Vitamin C: 19.86mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!