Black Bean Soup is one of Panera’s best vegetarian meal options, and now you can make it yourself in your own kitchen. Keep reading to learn how!
How To Make Copycat Panera's Vegetarian Black Bean Soup
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- ¼ large red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 small chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 ½ cup water boiling
- 30 oz. black beans undrained
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ lemon juice of
- 1 ½ tbsp. cornstarch
- In a pot, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add half a can of beans, salt and cumin; cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup (I use an immersion blender which makes it easy to do it right in the pot).
- Add the rest of the beans to the soup.
- Combine the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the lemon and the cornstarch to the soup; cook until thickened.