This delicious dish is the perfect meal for tonight’s dinner! This rich soup is filled with the smoky flavors of peppers, garlic and spices, accompanied by juicy chicken and tender vegetables. Top with tasty cheese that will melt in your mouth.
How To Make Mouthwatering Freshii Southwest Soup (Copycat)
Have a bowl of this mouthwatering Freshii Southwest soup recipe. Enriched with smoky peppers, earthy garlic and bright spices. Topped off with gooey cheese.
- Preheat oven to broiler setting.
- Line a pan with aluminum foil and place poblanos on top.
- Broil, turning once for 8 tp 12 minutes or until they begin to blacken.
- Remove from broiler and place in a paper bag, allowing them to steam for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, peel, seed, stem and coarsely chop.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion, red bell peppers, green beans and garlic.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until ingredients begin to soften.
- Add chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 45 seconds and stir in broth, beans, tomatoes and poblanos.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, spinach and corn.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and top with shredded cheese, cilantro and lime. Serve.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 126mg
- Calories: 275kcal
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 985mg
- Protein: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 303mg
- Vitamin A: 2317IU
- Vitamin C: 59mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!