This creamy concoction is the perfect bar soup with a little kick. The beer creates an intense and full flavor in this simple beer cheese soup recipe.
How To Make Beer Cheese Soup
A cheesy soup that has a dynamic flavor thanks to beer. You'll enjoy having this comfort food during the chilly holidays or during the rainy season.
- In a heavy stock pot, melt butter.
- Add onion, celery, carrots and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and mix well.
- Add chicken stock/broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and add beer, Worcestershire sauce, and cream.
- Simmer for approximately 5 minutes, then add sugar mustard and cayenne, and simmer for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add cheese and stir constantly until cheese is melted and soup begins to gently bubble.
- If soup is too thick, add additional cream or stock/broth to desired consistency.
- If too thin, make a roux of equal parts butter/flour and add to soup to desired consistency.
- If you want a completely smooth soup, puree in blender or with hand blender to get rid of tiny bites of vegetables.
- Serve, garnishing with a sprinkle of paprika.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 763mg
- Calories: 954kcal
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Cholesterol: 208mg
- Fat: 84g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 356mg
- Protein: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 43g
- Sodium: 1197mg
- Vitamin A: 4960IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!