You can substitute hummus or black olive tapenade for the Roasted Red Bell Pepper Tapenade in this great, grilled sandwich recipe.
How To Make Tomato, Basil, Fresh Mozzarella & Prosciutto Panini
This fantastic recipe for prosciutto panini is the perfect snack! Boasting and array of ingredients that would have you drooling even before the first bite!
- Cut the focaccia in half horizontally and then into 6 equal squares.
- Remove the top 6 squares, leaving the focaccia in its original shape.
- Brush the inner sides of the top 6 squares with the tapenade.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the green onions, capers, oregano, olive oil, sherry wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the mix evenly over the bottom squares.
- Alternately layer the tomato slices, mozzarella, basil leaves and prosciutto, overlapping them on top of the bottom squares of focaccia.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Replace the top squares of the focaccia and, following the cut marks on the top pieces as a guide, cut through the filling of the sandwiches.
- Separate into 6 individual servings, slice each on the diagonal and garnish each with a sprig of fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!