Tomato, Basil, Fresh Mozzarella & Prosciutto Panini Recipe
You can substitute hummus or black olive tapenade for the Roasted Red Bell Pepper Tapenade in this great, grilled sandwich recipe.
How To Make Tomato, Basil, Fresh Mozzarella & Prosciutto Panini
This fantastic recipe for prosciutto panini is the perfect snack! Boasting and array of ingredients that would have you drooling even before the first bite!
- Cut the focaccia in half horizontally and then into 6 equal squares.
- Remove the top 6 squares, leaving the focaccia in its original shape.
- Brush the inner sides of the top 6 squares with the tapenade.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the green onions, capers, oregano, olive oil, sherry wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the mix evenly over the bottom squares.
- Alternately layer the tomato slices, mozzarella, basil leaves and prosciutto, overlapping them on top of the bottom squares of focaccia.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Replace the top squares of the focaccia and, following the cut marks on the top pieces as a guide, cut through the filling of the sandwiches.
- Separate into 6 individual servings, slice each on the diagonal and garnish each with a sprig of fresh basil. Serve immediately.
- Calcium: 551mg
- Calories: 812kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Fat: 57g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 547mg
- Protein: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 1734mg
- Sugar: 5g
- Vitamin A: 1915IU
- Vitamin C: 29mg