This grilled cheese recipe is pure perfection. We’ve found the perfect ratio of cheese to bread and which cheeses blend perfectly together. The thyme adds the perfect amount of flavor to the cheese and the butter on the outside helps the bread to toast to perfection. This really is the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich.
How To Make The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This grilled cheese sandwich uses both cheddar and Swiss cheese with a sprinkle of thyme thrown into the mix.
- Garnish 4 slices of bread with a slice of each type of cheese and a sprinkle of thyme.
- Cover with the remaining slices of bread.
- Spread butter onto the outside of each sandwich.
- Heat a little bit of butter and oil in a pan.
- Grill sandwiches on each side until they are well golden and the cheese has melted.
- Sugar: 15g
- Calcium: 1366mg
- Calories: 1144kcal
- Carbohydrates: 117g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Fat: 49g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 10mg
- Potassium: 569mg
- Protein: 59g
- Saturated Fat: 28g
- Sodium: 1716mg
- Vitamin A: 1578IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!