This is the Philly cheesesteak recipe we know and love — flavorful steak with sautéed veggies and melted cheese all on a warm and soft hoagie. Make this classic meaty, cheesy sandwich as a treat for yourself on your cheat day.
How To Make Philly Cheesesteak
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 green pepper sliced thin
- 5 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1 ½ lb sirloin steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices white American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the vegetables on medium heat until tender.
- While they are cooking, slice the meat as thinly as possible against the grain.
- When the veggies are done cooking, heat 1 tbsp of oil in another skillet. Place the hoagies into the oven to heat for 5-7 minutes, or until warm but not crunchy.
- Add half the meat to the oiled skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes or until cooked through.
- Set aside and repeat with the rest of the meat.
- Add the first batch of meat to the pan again and stir in the veggies.
- Place the cheese into the hoagies and heat atop the meat in the pan until cheese is melted.
- Divide the meat amongst the 4 hoagies. Cut in half and serve while warm.