How To Make My Bánh Mì Chick (Vietnamese Sandwich)
Enjoy a loaded bahn mi, packed with tender chicken, a French baguette, and pickled veggies, for a quick and healthy dish!
- 2cupsMezzetta® Brand California Hot Mix Vegetables
- 3tbspliquid from Hot Mix Vegetables
- 1large French baguette
- 2tbspMezzetta® Brand Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil
- 1tbspAsian fish sauce,(nam pla)
- 1tspsoy sauce
- 3tbspMezzetta® Brand Garlic Stuffed Olives,diced
- ½red onion
- ¾cupcilantro sprigs,packed
- 2chicken breasts,from a rotisserie chicken, cooked
- 2Mezzetta® Brand Deli Sliced Roasted Sweet Bell Pepper Strips
- lettuce leaves,for garnish
Heat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in middle.
Spoon out 2 cups of California Hot Mix Vegetables. Pour 3 tablespoons of liquid from the jar into a medium bowl and whisk in the sugar. Combine the Hot Mix Vegetables with the marinade, stir, and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the baguette on a rack in the oven for about 5 minutes until crusty. Cut off and discard round ends, then split the baguette.
Mix together the olive oil, fish sauce, and soy sauce and brush on cut sides of bread. Drain the marinated vegetables. In a separate bowl, dice the pepper strips, add to the mayonnaise, and stir.
Spread a layer of the mayonnaise mixture onto the bottom of the bread, top the sandwich bottom with olives, sliced onion, and cilantro.
Arrange the chicken, marinated vegetables, and lettuce on top. Cut the sandwich crosswise into fourths.
Serve and enjoy.
- Calories: 554.83kcal
- Fat: 25.95g
- Saturated Fat: 5.04g
- Trans Fat: 0.10g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.25g
- Carbohydrates: 51.34g
- Fiber: 4.36g
- Sugar: 7.70g
- Protein: 28.60g
- Cholesterol: 59.90mg
- Sodium: 1067.18mg
- Calcium: 76.73mg
- Potassium: 464.90mg
- Iron: 4.52mg
- Vitamin A: 174.98µg
- Vitamin C: 13.79mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!