Oven-frying grouper fillets in a cornmeal batter gives the fish its crispy exterior. For a little extra crunch, try adding slaw on the sandwich.
How To Make Baked Cornmeal-Crusted Grouper Sandwich with Tartar Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
To prepare grouper
- Combine cornmeal, salt, and red pepper in a shallow dish, stirring well with a fork.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each fillet in milk; dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until fish is done, turning once.
To prepare tartar sauce
- Combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (mayonnaise through Worcestershire), stirring with a whisk.
Spread about 2 tablespoons tartar sauce over cut sides of each bun; place one fish fillet on bottom half of each bun.
Top fillets with the remaining bun halves.
- Calcium: 340mg
- Calories: 1107kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Cholesterol: 339mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 10mg
- Potassium: 4507mg
- Protein: 181g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1287mg
- Sugar: 6g
- Vitamin A: 1492IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!