How To Make Almond Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
Made with chicken breasts, fresh celery, grapes, almonds, and a creamy Greek yogurt-based poppy seed dressing, you’ll love these chicken salad sandwiches!
- 1¼lbschicken breasts,boneless, skinless, cooked, chilled, diced into small cubes
- 1⅓cupsred grapes,halved
- ¾cupcelery,small, diced
- ½cupalmonds,sliced, toasted
- ⅓cupgreen onions,chopped, green portion only
- ⅔cupGreek yogurt,plain, fat-free
- 1tbspred wine vinegar
- 1tbsppoppy seeds
- 1tspdijon mustard
- ¾tspsalt,or to taste
Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl until well combined.
Add all the chicken salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl or a salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss to evenly coat.
Store in refrigerator. Serve within 1 to 2 hours for best results (it’s still good for another day but the almonds will soften a little and the grapes juices will run into the dressing).
Serve in croissants, whole grain bread slices, bagels, tortillas or wraps, butter lettuce or romaine lettuce leaves.
- Use leftover chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken.
- To cook the chicken, line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Pound the chicken to an even thickness. Brush both sides lightly with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated 425-degrees F oven for 15 to 25 minutes until center registered, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts). Then let chill in the fridge.
- Calories: 459.46kcal
- Fat: 29.43g
- Saturated Fat: 6.27g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.21g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.87g
- Carbohydrates: 20.06g
- Fiber: 2.97g
- Sugar: 15.44g
- Protein: 30.37g
- Cholesterol: 82.19mg
- Sodium: 531.03mg
- Calcium: 118.27mg
- Potassium: 508.77mg
- Iron: 1.88mg
- Vitamin A: 35.14µg
- Vitamin C: 3.09mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!