How To Make Shrimp and Summer Veggie Foil Packs
These summer veggie foil packs are loaded with seasoned zucchini, squash, and tomatoes, grilled with shrimp, and served with a squeeze of lemon.
- 1⅓cupszucchini,(1 small), ends trimmed, sliced into half moons
- 1⅓cupsyellow squash,(1 small), ends trimmed, sliced into quarters
- 1pintgrape tomatoes
- 1cupgreen bell pepper,chopped
- ½small red onion,chopped into chunks and separated
- 1½cupsfresh corn
- 1¼lbslarge raw shrimp,(21/25), peeled and deveined
- 3tbspolive oil
- 3clovesgarlic,(1 tbsp), minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½tspcelery seed
- ½tspdried thyme
- ¼tspcayenne pepper,or to taste, optional
- 1½tbspparsley,minced, for garnish, optional
- 4lemon wedges,for serving
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to 425 degrees F.
Cut 8 sheets of 12×4-inch heavy-duty aluminum foil. Use two sheets of foil per packet.
To a large mixing bowl add zucchini, squash, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, corn, and shrimp.
Drizzle over olive oil, then sprinkle over garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, paprika, celery seed, thyme, and cayenne pepper. Toss mixture well to evenly coat.
Layer two sheets of foil per packet, with the first sheet of foil laying in the opposite direction of the second. Divide mixture among double lined foil adding it to the center in a rectangular shape.
Wrap up sides of the first sheet of foil and roll edges several times to seal, then place the second sheet going opposite length and wrap while rolling edges to seal.
Grill for about 12 to 14 minutes until shrimp is cooked through, while filliping packets over to opposite side once halfway through grilling.
Carefully open packets as steam will escape. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon juice for spritzing.
- Calories: 321.66kcal
- Fat: 12.26g
- Saturated Fat: 1.86g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.85g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.79g
- Carbohydrates: 25.15g
- Fiber: 4.96g
- Sugar: 8.30g
- Protein: 32.88g
- Cholesterol: 228.21mg
- Sodium: 1025.08mg
- Calcium: 150.89mg
- Potassium: 1140.44mg
- Iron: 2.64mg
- Vitamin A: 84.06µg
- Vitamin C: 65.32mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!