Ever wonder how you could make the classic recipe at home? This spice mixture is EXACTLY like what they use at KFC, and the chicken is unbelievable. Prepare it for your family and see if you can have them fooled!
How To Make FC Kentucky Grilled Chicken
2 hrs 15 mins
- 1 whole whole chicken separated
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt powdered salt if available
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 chicken bouillon cube powdered
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Soak the chicken pieces in salted water for approximately 2 hours.
- Once you've soaked the chicken, rinse the pieces with cold water and pat them dry.
- Mix the wet ingredients together along with the chicken pieces. Do this until the chicken pieces are well coated.
- Next, place the chicken pieces on a cookie sheet and sprinkle them liberally with the dry seasonings.
- Grill the chicken pieces for approximately 5-10 minutes per side until they're cooked through.
- Lastly, cover the chicken pieces with foil and allow them to rest for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy your meal!
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 5327mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 69IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg