This recipe has a new twist on grilled salmon. The strawberries add a unique kind of sweetness to the marinade and the hollandaise sauce.
How To Make Rosy Red Grilled Salmon with Strawberry Hollandaise
This grilled salmon dish is marinated in a fruity marinade that complements the fish's flavors. To add, the finishing touches of the hollandaise give it a flavorful bite.
For the salmon:
- Place strawberries into a food processor bowl and process until pureed.
- Transfer into a small bowl and whisk in rice wine vinegar, canola oil, dijon mustard, salt, cayenne pepper and cilantro.
- Place salmon filets into a shallow non-reactive pan and pour strawberry mixture over them.
- Marinate in refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
- Heat a grill to medium and spray grid with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place salmon filets on heated grill, 5 inches from coals and grill 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measuring thickest part or until salmon just flakes when tested with a fork.
- Discard marinade.
- Remove to serving platter.
- Top with Strawberry Hollandaise (directions follow) and garnish with chopped green onions sprinkled over top.
- Partially slice strawberries and fan out.
- Place one strawberry fan atop each serving.
For the Strawberry Hollandaise:
- Place strawberries into a blender and puree; set aside.
Melt butter in a 4 cups-microwave-safe glass container in microwave for 1 minute.
Stir in cream, egg yolks, lemon juice, pureed strawberries, dry mustard, salt and cayenne and cook in microwave on ½ power until thickened. Stir several times while cooking.
- Stir briskly with wire whisk until light and fluffy.
- Don't overcook or sauce may curdle.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 32mg
- Calories: 341kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
- Fat: 31g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 274mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 613mg
- Vitamin A: 848IU
- Vitamin C: 21mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!