How To Make Honey Lime Chicken Skewers
These chicken skewers are mini chicken bites marinated in a sweet and tangy sauce. These are then grilled until the meat is juicy, tender, and caramelized.
- ¼cupfresh lime juice
- 2tspfresh lime zest
- 2tbspsoy sauce
- 2tbspolive oil,plus more for brushing grill
- 1tbspgarlic,(3 cloves), minced
- 1tbspfresh ginger,peeled and minced
- 2tbspfresh cilantro,minced, plus more for garnish
- 1tspfreshly ground black pepper
- ¼tspcayenne pepper,or more to taste
- 1¾lbsbonless skinless chicken breasts,cut into 1¼ inch cubes
In a mixing bowl whisk together lime juice, lime zest, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, ginger, cilantro, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag and pour lime juice mixture over chicken. Seal bag while pressing out excess air then rub marinade over chicken.
Let marinate in fridge at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
If using wooden skewers let soak in water at least 1 hour.
Preheat a grill over medium heat to about 375 degrees F.
Thread chicken onto skewers adding about 6 or 7 pieces to each.
Brush grill grates with oil then place skewers on grill and grill about 7 minutes per side, or until chicken registers 165 degrees F in center.
Serve warm garnished with cilantro if desired.
- Calories: 301.59kcal
- Fat: 9.66g
- Saturated Fat: 1.66g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.05g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.28g
- Carbohydrates: 16.56g
- Fiber: 0.43g
- Sugar: 14.24g
- Protein: 36.55g
- Cholesterol: 115.89mg
- Sodium: 475.00mg
- Calcium: 19.63mg
- Potassium: 604.21mg
- Iron: 0.89mg
- Vitamin A: 14.72µg
- Vitamin C: 5.51mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!