Grill the eggplant add tomato and goat cheese on top and let the cheese melt. This is a fabulous side dish or could be used as appetizers.
How To Make Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Goat Cheese
A simple yet so delicious recipe for grilled eggplant along with tomato and goat cheese. This dish has an amazing aroma and flavor just from the grilled eggplant, then accentuated by the sweet acidity of tomatoes and the rich component from the goat cheese.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- In a large bowl, coat eggplant with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange half of the eggplant slices on a tray.
- Place a slice of tomato and a slice of goat cheese on each slice of eggplant.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the tomatoes and cheese.
- Top with remaining slices of eggplant, and secure each bundle with a toothpick.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Remove toothpicks, and arrange bundles on grate.
- Cook about 7 to 8 minutes, then carefully flip.
- Continue cooking for 6 to 7 minutes.
Note: To cook in the oven, bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until softened and melt-in-your-mouth tender.
Fresh mozzarella can be easily substituted if you don't like goat cheese.
- Calcium: 63mg
- Calories: 188kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 219mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 147mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 672IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg