How To Make Easy Grilled Vegetables
Grilled vegetables are great a part of any meal. In this recipe, vegetables are seasoned with herbs & balsamic vinegar then grilled until caramelized.
- 1lbtomatoes,(cut into large dice), if using cherry or grape tomatoes, leave whole
- 1yellow onion,or white onion, peeled and ends removed, cut into eighths
- 1mediumzucchini,,ends removed, sliced in half lengthwise, then cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1mediumyellow squash,ends removed, sliced in half lengthwise, then cut into ½-inch pieces
- 8ozmushrooms,(1 carton), cleaned and halved
- 4tbspolive oil,+1 tsp, divided
- 3tbspbalsamic vinegar
- 1tbspmixed fresh herbs,(such as basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, and/or thyme), minced, optional
- black pepper and sea salt,freshly ground
Prepare/set your grill to medium-high heat.
Begin by preparing the garlic for roasting. Peel off the outer papery covering of the head of garlic. Using a sharp knife, slice off ¼-inch of the top of the bulb, so that the inside of each clove is exposed.
Place the head on a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over the top of the cloves, and then use fingers to spread it around well. Then fold up the foil over the top of the clove, so that it is fully enclosed.
Set the foil package directly on top of the grill grates and cook, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until garlic cloves are soft and lightly golden.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, zucchini, squash, and mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a generous amount of freshly-ground salt and pepper. Then toss until vegetables are evenly coated.
Transfer vegetables to a grill pan, and set on the grill grates (next to the foil-wrapped garlic). Grill, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes, until vegetables are tender and lightly charred. Remove garlic and vegetables from grill when cooked.
While vegetables are cooking, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, all of the roasted garlic cloves and the chopped fresh herbs (optional) until combined. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer vegetables to a serving platter or bowl, and drizzle with the prepared dressing. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 205.60kcal
- Fat: 14.05g
- Saturated Fat: 1.97g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.89g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.64g
- Carbohydrates: 19.29g
- Fiber: 3.44g
- Sugar: 5.73g
- Protein: 3.70g
- Sodium: 627.89mg
- Calcium: 64.63mg
- Potassium: 721.19mg
- Iron: 1.46mg
- Vitamin A: 50.83µg
- Vitamin C: 29.88mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!