Wood Family’s Seafoam Green Salad Recipe
This seafoam green colored salad is pear flavored and made from Jello, cream cheese, and Cool Whip! It makes a very yummy side dish! This has become a staple at our family’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter dinners. My daughter always asks, “Are we having Green Stuff?” I received this recipe from my mother-in-law when I married into the family. She is a wonderful cook!
How To Make Wood Family's Seafoam Green Salad
This seafoam green salad mixes lime gelatin, peaches, and whipped cream to make an exciting side dish.
- Drain the pears. Put the pear juice in a measuring cup and add enough water to make 2 cups of liquid.
- Make the Jello using the 2 cups of the liquid.
- When the Jello is dissolved, place in the refrigerator until almost set.
- Mash the pears.
Mash the softened cream cheese, adding the milk as you mash and blend this mixture until smooth.
- Add the pears to the cream cheese mixture.
- Put the cream cheese mixture and the Jello in the mixing bowl and blend together.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and mix all together well.
- Pour your Seafoam Salad into a pretty glass bowl.
- Put the halved cherries on the top for decoration.
- Chill well and serve.
- Calcium: 170mg
- Calories: 266kcal
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 250mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 332mg
- Sugar: 44g
- Vitamin A: 132IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg