Here’s a healthy summer fruit shake that is sure to cool you down on a hot summer day. Fresh honeydew melon, orange juice, lemon juice, mint leaves, and vanilla yogurt are blended to create this deliciously refreshing honeydew smoothie. Serve this on your outdoor grill dinner to wash down the delicious bbq chicken and country style ribs.
Tips on Making Honeydew Smoothie
When you happen to get too much of them from the farmers market sale, turning honeydews, or fruits in general, into smoothies is a great way to use them up. Most importantly because they easily make a naturally sweet and thick healthy drink. Meanwhile, here are the best tips on making a honeydew melon smoothie:
- Cut and freeze the fruits ahead. Portion them by cups into small zip lock bags. You can take a smoothie pack and blend it with some liquid whenever you want one.
- Add other fruits to this honeydew smoothie recipe like strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, or grapes.
- Use apple juice in place of orange and lemon juice if you prefer it less sour. Apple juice will still boost the fruity flavor without the tangy taste. You can also replace vanilla yogurt with coconut milk, or vegan yogurt for a dairy-free or vegan smoothie.
- Sweeten your drink using honey, maple syrup, sugar, or your preferred sugar substitute.
- Turn it into a fizzy drink by adding carbonated water or lemon-lime soda. Finish that up with a dash of lime zest.
- Serve it in a honeydew bowl. Cut a thin part of the bottom of the honeydew flat so it stands, and about one-fourth of the top so that you can carve out the fruit inside.
How To Make Honeydew Smoothie
The honeydew smoothie is a 5-minute healthy summer drink bursting with fresh flavors from honeydew, orange juice, lemon juice, and mint leaves. Cool down with a tall glass of this refreshing creamy drink today.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and puree to the desired consistency.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is honeydew good for you?
Yes! Aside from it being delicious, fat-free, and low-calorie, the health benefits of honeydew are surprisingly significant. Honeydew benefits include skin and body hydration, blood sugar regulation, and muscle healing. Honeydew melon is also a great pre or post-workout snack because it’s rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that the body needs for recovery. Feel free to add it to your daily diet.
What fruit goes well with honeydew?
Honeydew tastes great with its fellow melons such as watermelon and cantaloupe. Sweet and slightly sour tasting fruits like strawberries and pineapple will also blend well with it.
Can you freeze honeydew for smoothies?
Yes! Cut the honeydew into 1-inch squares before packing them in a ziplock or any freezer-safe container. Remember to add a little liquid such as water, fruit juice, or milk to help the blender break the fruit up.
This honeydew smoothie is not only refreshing but also nutritious. Be sure to give this healthy smoothie a spot on your beverage menu this weekend!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!