When people think of ice cream, grape flavor is not one that immediately comes to mind. Most people don’t think it even exists or that it’s impossible to find, but this recipe proves them wrong. Make a batch of thick and creamy grape ice cream at home with this five-ingredient recipe with just 30 minutes of prep. You can also pair this out-of-this-world treat with an equally rare and unique jello cake to make your dessert binging extra special.
Tips On Making A No-Churn Grape Ice Cream
Grapes have a high water content, which many find difficult to work with when it comes to making ice cream because it freezes rock hard, making it very difficult to scoop and enjoy. With our recipe, however, you can easily make grape flavored ice cream with only basic kitchen supplies. Worry not, because you won’t be needing an ice cream maker for this one! To make it even easier, here are some useful tips in making this recipe the fuss-free way:
- Freeze your ice cream container for 24 to 48 hours before starting this recipe. A metal or glass container will work best for this one, as it keeps cold for a longer time at room temperature.
- Use heavy cream. This will give you a thick, smooth, and creamy consistency. Heavy cream has a higher fat content than milk so it won’t turn rock hard or frozen solid.
- Pour your mixture into your frozen container while it chills over an ice bath.
- Use plastic to cover your ice cream. It’s important to cover the container with plastic so the mixture doesn’t crystallize or form icy droplets on its surface.
Apart from this one, another fruity addition to our yummy ice cream recipes is this sweet and refreshing mango ice cream made with fresh mangoes.
How To Make Grape Ice Cream
Turn your favorite fruit into a delectable frozen dessert. Enjoy sweet, creamy and thick spoonfuls of this uncommon and underrated ice cream flavor. You’ll wonder why grape ice cream didn’t exist sooner.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 24 oz grape juice
- 14 oz condensed milk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 sprig mint leaves
- In a separate large bowl, mix heavy cream, condensed milk, and grape juice.
- While stirring, pour in lemon juice and sugar.
- Mix until sugar is totally dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen ice cream container.
- Place in the freezer for 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Take the container out of the freezer every 40 minutes and stir vigorously for 3 mins. For the first two hours. Cover with cling wrap and freeze until set.
- Once ready, scoop and serve immediately.
- Sugar: 91g
- Calcium: 386mg
- Calories: 887kcal
- Carbohydrates: 97g
- Cholesterol: 197mg
- Fat: 53g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 15g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 673mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 33g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Vitamin A: 2044IU
- Vitamin C: 18mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What can you substitute for heavy cream?
Almost any milk will do for all ice cream flavors, including this grape flavored one. You would want ingredients with a high fat content such as whole milk, milk mixed with cornstarch, or butter with milk. Tofu, coconut milk, or soy milk work well if you want to make this vegan. Using them will ensure your mixture will be creamy when frozen.
How do you make homemade ice cream thicker?
You can use a mixture of cream, sugar, and egg yolks but you would have to temper the eggs before cooking it with the cream and sugar. Easier options would be to use all purpose flour or cornstarch in your ice cream mixture just before churning.
ConclusionYou might have wondered before “Why is there no grape ice cream?” Today, you’ll finally be able to make it. Leave a lasting impression on your friends and family when you make this easy yet unique grape ice cream. It is sure to keep you hydrated and keep your tummies happy and healthy!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!