How To Make Magdalenas (Spanish Muffins)
Level up your snack time with these Spanish muffins! Also known as Magdalenas, they’re flavorful tangy lemon muffins perfect for any occasion.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place 18 muffin liners into the wells of muffin pans and set aside.
- Place ¼ cup of the sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining ¾ cup of sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a small saucepan on the stovetop, melt the butter over medium heat. Let the butter cool slightly.
- Beat the egg mixture, and while beating, slowly add the melted butter, making sure to mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the lemon zest and milk.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder until thoroughly combined.
- While stirring the egg mixture, slowly add in the flour mixture. Continue to stir until all the ingredients are mixed well. The batter will be very thick.
- Using a large serving spoon or cookie scoop, place the batter into the pan, filling each muffin liner halfway.
- Use a teaspoon to sprinkle each magdalena with a bit of the reserved sugar.
- Bake the magdalenas for 18 to 20 minutes, until they have turned a golden color and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (or with just a few crumbs attached).
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before removing them from the pan to cool completely.
- Serve warm with tea or coffee, and enjoy!
- Sugar: 11g
- Calcium: 44mg
- Calories: 131kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 16mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 72mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 159IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!