Nothing represents spring and summer like strawberries and cream, and that is what this fruity dessert recipe is all about. Fresas con crema, which translates to strawberries and cream, is a chilled Mexican dessert made by combining sliced strawberries and sweetened cream. It’s almost like strawberry ice cream, but richer! Whip up this fresas con crema recipe in just 10 minutes. It’s the perfect dessert to serve on a Mexican pizza or fajita night.
Tips on Making Fresas con Crema
As we’ve said, this Mexican strawberries and cream recipe is so easy peasy that even little kids can make it. But you can never have too many tips and techniques, right? With that, here’s how you can come up with a perfect batch of fresas con crema every time, plus tips on ingredient substitution and storing.
- Make your whipped cream fresh. It takes just about 4 minutes and a little elbow grease to do, but it’s way better than store bought!
- For a healthier option, you can leave out the whipping cream and sour cream and use plain greek yogurt instead. Also swap the sugar with agave, maple syrup, or your sugar substitute of choice.
- If you find the cream base too thick, thin it out by adding whole milk or evaporated milk little by little.
- You can use both frozen and fresh strawberries. For frozen strawberries, thaw and drain them beforehand to slow down the dessert from turning watery.
- Add other delicious ingredients like crushed grahams, cream cheese or cheesecake cubes, and almonds for some added texture! You can also toss in other berries and other fruits.
- It’s best consumed immediately. However, if you got some leftovers, it’ll stay good in the fridge for 2 days. Beyond that, it’ll start becoming watery. Alternatively, you can pour the leftovers in popsicle moulds, freeze them, and enjoy them as strawberry ice cream!
How To Make Fresas con Crema
This incredible fruit dessert definitely has a place in you home! Quick and easy, surely there is nothing much stopping you from creating this heavenly dish.
Beat heavy cream on high until it’s about to reach stiff peaks.
Fold in the rest of the ingredients except for the strawberries.
Scoop the mixture into serving cups. Top each cup with about ⅓ cup of sliced strawberries. Garnish with more whipped cream if you prefer. Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 64g
- Calcium: 338mg
- Calories: 658kcal
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Cholesterol: 137mg
- Fat: 40g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 584mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 25g
- Sodium: 167mg
- Vitamin A: 1451IU
- Vitamin C: 70mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What cream goes with strawberries?
While whipped cream is the most common type to go with strawberries, there are actually a lot of other creams that you can use. If you prefer it to be richer, you can use cream cheese. For a lighter option, you can use yogurt. Table cream is another option, but it is way thinner than whipped cream.
ConclusionYou don’t need a lot of time in making this elegant Mexican dessert! Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner dessert, fresas con crema fits the bill. Be sure to try it, and let us know what you think about it!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!