Pretty, pink frozen watermelom puree that will cool you to the bone on a hot summer afternoon! I had originally made this as a sherbet but found it difficult to serve because it freezes so firmly but it’s great as popcicles. All ages agree that it’s a wonderfully refreshing summer treat. I like to make sure that I freeze cubed watermelon before the season’s up to be able to make a few batches during the fall and spring too!
How To Make Frozen Watermelon Pops
A quick and easy frozen watermelon recipe that would surely be a hit among your kids! A refreshing way to eat fresh watermelon pops and another reason to get creative in the kitchen.
- In a small sauce pan sprinkle gelatin over the milk.
- Stir over low heat until gelatin melts.
- This doesn't take very long.
- Put melon and syrup in a blender and process on high about 30 seconds, add milk/gelatin mixture and blend a few seconds.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
- Unmold the next day and wrap individually in waxed paper.
- Place in a gallon freezer bag and remove as required.
- Sugar: 49g
- Calcium: 36mg
- Calories: 200kcal
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 112mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 47mg
- Vitamin A: 465IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!